LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DPT (ENGINEER)     21 May 2014

Sex in the pretext of marriage

There's a friend of mine. She loved a colleague. He dint respond her and suddenly he kissed her one day. The next day they had s*x. After 2 days the guy said he doesnt love her but he just lost his control and he isnt like other guys to have s*x and walk off. He would marry her. The girl kept pressing for marriage and he told her he was unsure and needed time. The girl dint press much as he used to get annoyed and she feared he would walk out on her. Everytime she asked for marriage, he said he needed time to be sure he wants to marry her. She feared too much nagging would lead to him walking out on her and so she waited and gave him time. Whenever she asked him what if his parents dont agree, he used to say they would agree for his happiness sake. After 6 months into the relationship, he started living with her in her apartment. Then he talked abt marriage to his family and family clearly denied. The guy then immediately stopped talking to her. Now he says he never said they "would" agree, he had said they "might" agree, and said he tried and thats enough. He said "I am not God, I dint know they would react like this, so I wont marry you and will marry wherever they say". The girl now feels cheated. And when she accused him of cheating her assuring her he would marry her, he says he dint force himself, it all happened with her consent. My friend went to his parents and begged on her knees saying its about her integrity and future but they disregarded her pleas and said they will never allow intercaste marriage because of their "prestige" in society and they both can get married but if they do, they will never be allowed into his house. The guy knows all this and still says he will not marry her. My friend is shattered and attempted suicide. Now she has recuperated and wants to know if there is any law to help her? Their company knows about the affair and she feels humiliated working there. She feels cheated and hurt by his change of words. Can this be registered as a case of fraud? The case needs to be taken in family court or criminal court? Please provide your opinions asap.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     21 May 2014

You can file case under 417,420,120B, OF IPC, if at all the girl has evidence to prove they were living together, and in the process the boy had promised to marry her.. If she feels life threat is there she can go for 506 of IPC also.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2014

Not deserving much sympathy she diligently walked into trouble.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register