LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Geetha Gupta (Director)     25 March 2013

Settlement deed from another place

Hi everybody,

Is it posible for my mother to execute a settlement deed whike staying in Delhi, pertaining to a property located in Chennai ? Or does she have to go Chennai to do that?


 1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 April 2013

hi. she has to go to chennai. Otherwise she may execute a settlement deed in Delhi on stamp paper.  And she has to give authorisation/power of attorney to some one else to present that document before the registering authority of Chennai.  And the document (settlement) and power of attorney shall be validated at chennai by the Collector(district registrar) under indian stamp act as the property situated in Chennai.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register