LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

adhir (manager)     23 July 2014

serving notice period

Hi All, i need some help in understanding the notice period clause. I have resigned from my current organisation on 7th July & i have asked for relieving me by 31st July. my notice period when i joined was 1 month & i have signed on the same but later an organisation circular was floated which says that notice period in my grade is 2 months now. Other things mentioned in the circular are as follows - " The company alone has the discretion of allowing early release of employee. Any decision of waving off or extension of notice period would be taken by functional head equivalent to a General Manager or above and respective HR. acceptance of an early release request will however make the existing employee liable to recovery of his unserved notice period total fix pay in lieu thereof" I am ready to pay for my notice period but my functional head is not ready to release me before 20th Aug & my new company wants me on board by 1st Aug. What will happen if i leave my current company without serving the notice period ?

Learning

2 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     24 July 2014

Dear Querist

the company may file a civil suit for recovery of money, nothing else

adhir (manager)     24 July 2014

Thanks Nadeem. but i am ready to pay for the remaining notice period. Can they deny me a relieving letter / experience letter which is important for my future company.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register