Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prbkumar46 (M.D.)     06 November 2014

Service tax

Sirs/Madams,

Delhi based company whose business is to train Engineering Graduates on some fixed payment by the students and provide placements by arranging interviews etc.,

They took up my institute( software training ) at vijayawada as a business partner utilising my infrastructure and paying me 30% of the training fee collected from the students.Thus i am being paid more than 20,000/- (twenty thousand). they are deducting the TDS and asking me to pay Service tax and provide them the receipt.

Mine is a small software training institute business and it does not exceed more than two lakhs per annum (excluding commissions to the trainers, rents and other misc. expenditure) 

Shall I have to pay Service tax myself or shall I ask my partner to arrange service tax payments at their endand pay me the rest of the money.

I seek your Valuable guidance.

Thanks & Regards.

prbkumar. 9393222345, mail ID: kumarprb@gmail.com

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 November 2014

If your company is deducting TDS than first ask them to stop deducting the same if your total income is below the exemption limit... 

For getting the refund just file your income tax return and IT department will send you the refund either thru ECS or cheque payment

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register