Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D. M. Puri (Service)     13 November 2021

Service matters

Dear Sir, 

I retired two years back from central government service. While working as Sr. General Manager I had taken disciplinary action under conduct rules against a union leader. He was placed under suspension based on my recommendations. I also stopped his overtime as he was reported to go out of factory for personal work. His property details were asked from civil authorities as he was suspected to be involved in money lending. 

Now after two years of my retirement he sent me legal notice and asked for 1 cr. compensation. 

All the above actions were taken while I was Head of the Department but I was not his disciplinary authority. The actions were taken under rules. 

Please guide

a) Can I be prosecuted for my actions after my retirement? 

b) All documents are with government (with my office) and in absence of these documents reply can not be made. 

c) Is it legally binding to reply to legal notice. 

d) I am now settled in different place. 

Kindly guide

Devinder Puri



 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 November 2021

You can give reply notice to him with your explanation.

D. M. Puri (Service)     14 November 2021

In fact, he made number of baseless complaints against me. However, I never suffered due to that. Can, I also claim damages in my reply to the legal notice? 

Kindly guide. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query