LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (Consultant)     19 April 2010

Service bond


I have signed a bond with my company of 2 lac for 2 years but they have not given me any sort of training or any other facality as i was already trained from elshware but due to recession i have signed a bond and also they have taken a security cheque of 2 lac rupee from me of my salary account.

Please help me to get rid of this. is this legal or not.


 3 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     19 April 2010

You want to get rid of the bond issue. Please clarify if you are resigning and looking for relief and wants to get

back the bond while in service (difficult). If you are resigning, please send a letter of resignation setting out

the fact of not providing any training and hence breach of the bond/agreement by the employer. Say that

hence the bond is invalid and ask for return of the bond and the cheque. Before this, issue stop payment

to the bank, clearly setting out the reason.



Amit (Consultant)     19 April 2010

Let me explain,

On sep 2008 i have joined the company as intern/training for which i have pad 48000 INR to the company.

in sep 2009 course has completed and then the same company offerred me job with the condititon 2 year bond of 2 lac rupees with as security they will take cheque of 2 lac from salary ac. At that time market was not good and unfortunattely i had to join that company with very less salary 1.27 lac p.a. in nov they deputed me in tech mahindra and revised my salary to 1.8 p.a..

But as i am B.E. this salary is shame full for me and currently market is going up so i am looking for change where i can justify myself . Right now i dont have offer but might get if try in that case i want to know what can be a legal solution for this.


radha (freelancer)     19 April 2010

Mr. Vasudevan has clarified the approach to bond issue.

You have mentioned you had taken training from somerwhere else.

You have mentioned you joined the company as intern/training and paid INR48000/-

If you have any letter specifying the courses offered and their charges, and receipt of INR48000/- issued by this company to you specifying the item for which they have collected this amount, certificate issued to you certifying completion of training,keep them safe with you. You may need them in future.

If you have retained a copy of the bond, show it to local service lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query