LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev Neelam   14 September 2015

Seller not provide property documents

Iam NRI, I purchased 6 acres Farm land on 2014. During the registration Seller not provided Property mother documents. Seller informed us, he brings the wrong documents and he will provide the documents in week time (by the time he is informing us, we are already at Register office and ready for registration).  Seller agreed to keep 3 lakhs rupees with us on total amount which we required to pay to Seller.  As iam in hurry to go back my work, I agreed with his.

After week of registration, Seller informed that he is unable to find the documents and he lost somewhere.  Now the farm land changed on my name in all government record and also I have pattadar passbook.

Seller is asking 3 lakhs rupees to return and he is proposing to sign on agreement like, if any problems come in further related to the property documents, he will be the responsible.

Please advise how to proceed on this.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

lavanya   17 September 2015

Mr.Rajeev Neelam as per the Registration rules a document cannot be executed without presenting the original parent document for the subregistrar's perusal on the date of execution of sale deed.  Only after clear verification of the parent document the Sub registrar will complete the registratiion.  The seller should have played a game with you.  On the day of registration itself  after making the payment to the seller by the buyer the seller should hand over all the original documents related to the relevant property in front of the witnessess signed in the executed sale deed.  

Now you have become the tittle holder of the concern property.  And you have confirmed that all government records are now holding your name. Please be safe with your current document bearing your tittle.  

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     18 September 2015

Seller is suppose to provide all originals for your scrutiny, he has failed prior to registration and now he persisting with the same, in case of genuine cause, he can very well go for legal formalities for tracing of missing documents, in your case he is reluctant and he is particular on MONEY, so ask him to process for missing documents on confirmation  and satisfaction of the same along with declaration from court with regards to verasity of documents, you can honour the committment, till such time u can hold your breath.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register