Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bachu (Accountant)     31 July 2021

Self- acquire property after daughter's marriage,what right?

Dear Expert Team,

Can daughter have legal right on property purchase after her marriage
Case: after 2006 A has purchase agriculture land on name of his wife B after daugher's marriage; my questation is below:
1. is Daugher has equal right like her brothers.
2. Can B do will of any body?
3. can B sale property without any son, daughter and husband's consent.
4. can husband hold power of attorny of his name
5. what if son sold property without sister's concen

Please give advice on above.

Thank you.

 8 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     01 August 2021

B (wife) is absolute titleholder (owner) of the subject property and she is competent to dispose of as she desire.

What is your concern/ locus standi to the subject property ?

The question paper has been set to give examination without relevant facts.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     01 August 2021

The owner of self acquired property can do whatever he/she wants to do with the property without any recourse to anybody. He/she can write a Will bequeathing the property to whomsoever he/she wishes.


In case such owner dies intestate ie without writing a Will, then only all children including Daughter married or spinster shall be standing equal to share the property

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 August 2021

Purchasing a property in another family member is always risky.  It is left to the purchaser to insulate for such likely risks when he is aware of so many risks.  Drafting such sale deeds through a professional to avoid likely risks must be preferred.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     01 August 2021

 ( 1 ) Yes

 ( 2 ) Yes,B can bequeath the property by executing will in favour of  anyone as per her wish,she need not to take consent from anyone.

 ( 3 ) Yes, she can sell property without consent to her son and daughter.

 ( 4 ) B can give power of attorney in regard to property to her husband

 ( 5 ) Son has no right to sell property during your lifetime .




SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     01 August 2021


1. Daughters and sons can get equal share in the property of deceased father or mother property i.e. after death of father or mother

2. B can make will of property as she is owner of property.

3. B can sale property to any third person as she is the owner of property

4. B can give power of attorney to her husband

5. If property is validly transfered to son in that case son can sale the property.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 August 2021

The posting suggests deeper issues. Please post complete facts.

Bachu Mahaliya   08 August 2021

Hello sir, 

Exact fact is that, Me & my Father wished to buy agri land but from my father side there was no any Land owner, 

Hence, we decided to buy  land on my mother's name and this was done... 

Now my sister claming their right in land wh. 

Actually we have purchsed this land after heer marriage... 

Hope the fact is clear..

Please sugest what to do now... 


P. Venu (Advocate)     10 August 2021

Your sister is a legal heir to the property, left intestate, of either of the property after their lifetime. In this context, the marriage of the sister is of no relevance or consequence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query