IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak (Sr. Software Engg.)     09 November 2013

Seek advice related to property matter

Hi All Respected Lawyers,

We desperately looking for advice in relation to property matter.

The situation is like below-

My sister has bought flat for us before her marriage. My father has given the down payment amount required to purchase the said flat by way of selling his old house(we have evidance to prove). The flat was bought on my sisters name at that time as she was paying home loan EMI. we was living in that flat.

Later on she has done love marriage, as we had not able to fufill her husband's money expectations at the time of her marriage, from the marriage date, her husband ordered my sister to stop paying EMI.

Later on her husband with the help of big powerful authority personalities, filled fabricated cases on us and with the help of police dept. forced us to vacate the flat. Later on he has transferred the said flat on his father's name.

Recently we have won the fabricated cases created on us.

Mean time my father has been passed away.

Now my mother and me want to appeal for the rights in that flat and to claim the damages.
 How we can appeal,  under which sections or by which way we can get back the property? Is it possible to file dowry case on my sister's husband and his family?.

Eagerly waiting for the right guidance.







 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 November 2013

Is your sister a party to the case filed by her husband through which he got you evicted from the flat? i.e., whether your sister was supporting her husband to get you all evicted?, What was the case filed by your brother in law, civil or criminal?, how did he get the flat transferred on to his father's name?  Did your sister make a settlement or sale deed on her father in law's name?  What is that you want to prefer an appeal about?, If you have proof that your father purchased the property on your sister's name, as a legal heir of your father you can claim your legitimate  share in the self acquired property of your father.

Deepak (Sr. Software Engg.)     11 November 2013

Dear Respected Sir,

Thanks a lot for the reply and going through my case.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query