Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Kumar Singh (Service)     06 July 2021

Security guard change problem

Hello,

I am chairman of one of the cooperative society in Mumbai, i would like to seek guidance from all the experts in this group. We are having a security guard who has been with society since more than 13+ years through one of the security agency. He isn't working properly and there had been many problems due to him. He used to help everybody and do their work for financial reasons however was unable to perform his primary responsibility as a security guard. So while he was away this pandemic since more than 2-3 months we conveyed the security agency to replace him permanently, however when he came back, to our surprise we found other society members to be reluctant removing him and were objecting on our decision. We tried can explain all the members with the problems however no one was in state to understand. He is playing as a victim and is jobless because of us with the other members.

Please suggest what to do in such case, myself and secretary are in agreement however treasure is man in the middle. We don't want to retain him as a security guard for our society. Is there any law that can help us? what to do further? I am planning to resign if others retain him as i cant take his responsibility if something forbidden happens if he is there.

Learning

2 Replies

NIKHIL BOBY MOHAN 19113114   09 July 2021

It would be difficult in such a case as the guard has been with you for 13 years and everyone likes him for some or other reason. I would advise calling a meeting of all the society members and explaining to them in detail about what the issues are and to have a proper democratic discussion on the same. If they still want the guard then you can do either of 2 things
1) Get him on a lower payroll, not as a guard but as someone to assist around the building 
2) Split his shift so that he has to work in the morning and after it's evening time, you can have a proper guard to step in.

Raj Kumar Singh (Service)     09 July 2021

We want to get rid of him as he is misusing his tenure in our society. We are a small society with only 24 flats of which 50% are tenants. as you rightly mentioned most of the owners who are not staying here are in the favour because he helps them take care of their flats and does their work so that they don't have to visit. While doing this he fails to perform his primary responsibility of security. as per your suggestion on 1st point why should we keep him as a helper? we don't need any. We have meeting scheduled for this Sunday to decide, lets hope people can understand us.

I was thinking if there is something that we can convince members under the law, that would make things easy i guess.

Thanks for your revert.

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register