LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddharth (student)     06 September 2011

Section 279 and 337


yesterday while coming back from college in my car i dozed off for a second or two and in that while i hit a traffic policeman riding on his bike but he was off duty. I stopped my car and offered him help , within minutes policemen from a nearby checkpost had arrived. He did not attain any serious injuries but just scratches, he was discharged from the hospital within 30 minutes. As the PCR was called I was booked u/s 279 & 337 and released on bail later.

I am student in 2nd year, i just want to know if this case can cause harm to my future. Its a humble request, please reply.


 4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     07 September 2011

Y:ou can contest the case or you can admit it.  Case is always depends on the witnesses so contest the case carefully by appointing a good lawyer because injured is police.

In case of motor accident compnesation case, if your car has got valid insurance policy then you need not to worry insurance co., will be held liable.

1 Like

R.venkatesh Naidu (.)     07 September 2011

Mr. Rajeev's adivse is enough.

1 Like

Siddharth (student)     07 September 2011

thank you Mr. Rajeev. If i contest the case , do i have any chances of getting the criminal tag off my name?

Ajoy Gupta (Advocate)     07 September 2011


Dear Sidharth,

So far your apprehension of criminal tag is concerned , it is baseless, in many cases parties come to a compromise even if the comlainant is a policeman, more over courts are also insisting on compromise/ reconsiliation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register