Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shiv RK Kanihal (social worker)     21 October 2020

Section 160of Cr.PC

Sir
I have a query about provisions of section 160 of C.PC. the section provides that no lady shall be called anywhere except her residence for questions...then how NCB called female actresses..for interrogation at their office...in Sushant Singh rajpoot case in Mumbai.

thanks pls
shiv

Learning

5 Replies

avadhesh Paliwal   21 October 2020

Dear RK Kanihaal its depend on the case 

There is hundered of u/s that lady can not be inquiry in police station....

TELUGU {LEGAL} AMBROSIA   22 October 2020

with the best of my knowledge the said provision deals with civil matters but her Riya is facing criminal case so as for as my knowledge is concerned said 160 CPC will not apply here

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     22 October 2020

Originally posted by : shiv RK Kanihal
Sir I have a query about provisions of section 160 of C.PC. the section provides that no lady shall be called anywhere except her residence for questions...then how NCB called female actresses..for interrogation at their office...in Sushant Singh rajpoot case in Mumbai. thanks plsshiv

You may prefer to personally inquire with NCB as to why they violated the law by summoning the female accused for interrogation in their offices.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Adv Vinay Mathur + 8447131770 (Advocate)     22 October 2020

Sec 67 of NDPS Act, empowers the police officer under Section 53 of the Act to summon and examine any person including women.
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 October 2020

Provision of CPC are inapplicable in any case under police investigation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register