Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kavita chatterjee (teacher)     06 January 2014

Second marriage

hello, my friend is in need.

she married a man who was already married.she came to know this after her marriage. her husband himself told that as he was very young,he married a girl to take revenge and then left her on first night itself.since then it has been 20 yrs,he didnt meet or see her or even didnt visited that city. my friendand her husband loves each other and have two children.now as their kids are growing,they want to settle that matter.

kindly suggest a solution and also tell how much guilty is he now.

thanks 

kavita

Learning

2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     06 January 2014

You are saying that your friends husband had done a marriage with a girl in his young age only for taking his revenge and after first night he left her and since 20 years he never meet her nor he had gone to her place , quite strange no action had taken by that girl against him nor from her parents and relatives , they didn't made any police complaint , not tried about his whereabout from his parents , relatives friends , office , village , he take the revenge from her and she didn' t respond ,only you and your friend can believe this story , pl. tell your friend her husband is a liar and making a very big fool to her , if nothing had happen in 20 years then why he tells this story now? according to hindu marriage act the marriage of your friend is null and void because he had done his second marriage without giving divorce to his first wife and also in the life time of his first wife , therefore the children are also illegitimate .

kavita chatterjee (teacher)     09 January 2014

thanx sir for ur guidance. she says that her husband married that girl and left,...no physical attachment, didnt stayed even for a day or night.

he told the story just after the second marriage.my friend was in love and still in love , so she accepted him and this was 10 yrs back.

now the matter is that girl found him and having case against him for money. i just wanted to know for my saheli that when he had no relation with the girl since 20 yrs.then is that marriage still exist . what my friend should do now.when her marriage is meant illlegal as per u say as per law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register