LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramasamy   15 November 2016

Second marraige


I got married on 2000 and had two kids in my first marriage and due to continuous misunderstanding we both of us separated in 2009 and filled the mutual divorce case in the family court. Meantime, I got second marriage on 2010 due to my health issue and lived with my second wife. During that course of time, we both(myself and my first wife) got separation by divorce given by honorable family court on 2013. My first wife has taken Two kids custody and separated from me by court.


Now I have two kids and living with my second wife since 2010. Now I planning to go to CANADA and trying for PR as well .


In PR form ,they have asked me to produce the divorce certificate if I divorced and marriage certificate if I married. What should I do now. I can’t produce both the documents due to year conflict. Also Immigration have also mentioned for living together option as well. If I show living together I should show some documents for evidence.


Question is here,


Whether I can show my divorce certificate and saying that I have been living with my second wife in living together law even before my divorce

Or what would be your advice. ( My first kid was born before I got divorce which is on 2011.)


Please advise me which documents I can produce for PR immigration.







 3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     15 November 2016

Ram u can get divorce and marraige certificate from the authority.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     16 November 2016

YOu reamarry your second  wife in States or in India   accordig to Indian customs now that you are a divorcee. Either go for registered Marriage or according to Hindu Marriage Act.This is the only way to come out of this crisis. If you appreciate this answer please convey my forum thanks by clicking thanks.

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     17 November 2016


You have divorced your 1st wife. 2 kids out of 1st marriage are with your 1st wife. You have married again and have 2 kids out of 2nd marriage. Right?

No need to disclose about your 1st marriage.

If they want any proof of your marriage then attach the invitation card of your 2nd marriage.


Please use thank button to convey your appreciation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query