LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajneesh Rana (Member)     11 April 2012

Sec.204(1) cr.p.c.

As per a latest jugment reported in RCR(Criminal)-2012(1) : police registered a case against three persons but presented challan (Report U/S 173 Cr.P.C.) only against one accused while declaring other two accused innocent. After presentation of Challan Magistrate committed the case to Sessions Court for trial. Subsequently complaainant filed a private complaint before the magistrate. Magistrate after preliminary evidence summoned all the three accused to face trial. Accused challanged the summoning order. Matter ultimately recheahed before Supreme Court. 

Supreme Court Held that once case has been committed to sessions court for trial, additional accused can be summoned only through S.319 Cr.P.C. and Magistrate has no jurisdiction to summon accused u/s 204(1) Cr.P.C.

Does not this judgment of Supreme Court violate the basis provisions of Section 190 Cr.P.C. ?

Suppose police is helping the accused then what will be the remedy for complainant?

Kindly help me to properly interprit this judgment.

I am in urgent need of case law on the subject. Kindly help.

Learning

2 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     12 April 2012

Dear Rajneesh Rana

according to legal system, if any person think that may be police is helping the accused or can help the accused, the complainant or victim of the case have right to file a Protest Petition and state that if the police file FR(173) and give some relief to accused due to any means or otherwise, this Complaint traet as a private compaint and give the oppertunity to fight the case as a private complaint case.]

according to SC order, I am fully agree with Hon'ble Apex Court.

feel free to call

vivek jain (activist)     12 April 2012

The aggreived person must have filed a PROTEST PETITION  in the court of the concerned magistrate because magistrate is never bound by the police report.

2ndly,  Once the trial has commenced , any person other than the present accused can be put on trial only u/s 319 and not otherwise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register