LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nazp   15 September 2022

School related

I'm living seperately from my husband for exactly 2 yrs now.My daughter just turned 4 yrs old and I took admission for her in school in Junior kg in June this year.I have not allowed my husband to meet the child for the last 2 yrs due to his violent nature and continuous threats to kidnap the child and also he has not paid any maintenance for the child for more than last 2 years. Before taking admission in the school, I had asked him about financial support for the child but he did not reply anything. When I went for the admission process, I had informed the admission counsellor that me and my husband are living seperately for last 2 years and the child should only be handed over to me or my parents and not to my husband nor he should be allowed to meet my daughter.

The school mentioned that that I need to submit an affidavit stating the same and an application on plain paper for the same with photographs attached and I followed everything as per their procedure and completed the admission process.Now after, schooling their for 4 months, my husband has threatened the school authorities with legal action saying why he is not being to allowed to meet his daughter and why he is not getting any updates from the school regarding the progress of the child.School now tells me that we cannot stop your husband from meeting the child unless you get a court order stating that he should not be allowed to meet the child.


My questions now :

  1. Why was this court order thing not told to me before taking admission in the school when I had clearly stated my situation?

2. Why did the school make me submit the affidavit and plain paper application then 4 months back which clearly states we are living seperately and my husband should not be allowed to meet the child and the school has accepted the same ?

3. Who can I take up this matter with or complain to as admission counselor has not allowed me to meet the principal for last 4 months now ?

4. What about the 4 months of schooling wasted as school is now trying to check very subtlely if I can cancel the admission as they can neither stop my husband from meeting the child nor do they themselves want him inside the school as a parent because of the ruckus he can create / has created till now which could be a nuisance factor if he is allowed inside the school premises ?

5. What happens to the fees I have paid until now ?

6. Admission counsellor mentioned to my husband that if he is not happy with the school, he can cancel the admission, what if my husband actually does that ?

7. If my husband submits an affidavit / application for cancellation of admission, can the school actually cancel the admission on that basis ?

8. If school finally cancels the admission based on my husband s application, can I hold my husband accountable for nuisance and monetary loss caused by the same ?





 1 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     15 September 2022

Since you are living seperate does not measn your husband lost rights ; he is also natural guardain and father of his child. 

It is advised you better file application for the custody of child in court and court will ceratinly grant you custody; File an intereme reelief application too seeking directions from court not to disturb the custody of child with you until case is not finally decided. You should  immideatly file an application under section 125 Cr P C for you and your child's maintenance that is your right . You are yourslef sleepin over the matter and you have strong case just get the orders from court  otherwise he will keep harassing you.

File complaint too in police station about threats and  make him feel the pain .

That is legallly you can proceed to protect your rights.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query