Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

siva kumar   03 June 2016

School is not allowing my child to enter the school

Hi Sir,

My daughter is studying in a reputed school in bangalore, recently we have paid first term school fee for the academic year 2016-17 and we paid transportation fee little late, after receiving payment at the counter lady said that we will not be allowed to utilize transport for one month as a punishment to the late payment, hence i argued with the management saying we will not use the tranportation facility and return the fee which we paid for transport.

After this incident the management sent child out of the school in middle of the functioning hours and informed us that TC of the child is ready to come and collect, hence we approached the school regarding the same they are giving reasons since chairman is not available they can not give TC, this is happening from one week and they are not allowing my child to school due to which my child is very upset as she is studyng in that school from past 5 yeasrs

Please give your valuable suggestions how can i proceed further

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 June 2016

Every thing that involves own child is highly sensitive.  Undoubtedly, the school is behaving most inhumanly, and in between you and the school, the child is affected.

Better to shift your daughter to a new school and then fight with management separately.  The school should be taught a lesson not to behave in the same manner with other students in future. After shifting your child, file a complaint to DEO and follow it up with a consumer complaint and give more media publicity, bringing the attention of the Public as to how schools function like Shyllocks Unless we stop the craze to admit our children only to highly reputed schools for prestige, the same issues continue to haunt.  In the board examinations, you might have seen as to who were toppers and their back ground.  

KS Johal   04 June 2016

You must understand that educational institutions have rules and regulations. You must get a copy of this. Generally when you admit a child (into school) it is understood that you accept these terms. It may be the case that you were unaware of these. If these rules and regulations are not written down or you were not made aware of at the beginning only then you can take legal action. The school may have a system of punishment. Generally when payments are late there is an extra fee that you may need to pay. This means that the parents are punished rather than the child is made to suffer (due to the ignorance of parents or difficulty in payment). The school should not compromise on the health and safety of its pupils. They may be giving you some kind of punishment by bringing and taking your child yourself or giving you difficulty to arrange another form of transportation during the interim period. I hope this helps. The best way is to talk to the head and explain your concern and agree that in the future the payment will be on time.

KS Johal   04 June 2016

My advice is that you should keep your child in the same school. The reason you chose this school is due to it's reputation. Do not get punish you child due to some form of late payment, after all you want your child to do well. Payment is your responsibility and transportation is (if it is agreed) the schools responsibility. Perhaps you can (at a later stage) advise the school to agree on a different form of punishment rather than this type since this effects the child's education directly. If you have any difficulty I will assist you to resolve this. Please email if necessary. ksinghjohal@yahoo.co.uk

KS Johal   04 June 2016

Mistake in above sentence: (remove the word get): Do not punish your child......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register