LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BHABANI SAHOO   30 June 2021


My wife is SC.One lady attacked my wife with axe FIR registered,but when we told ASI to register under SC/ST act as he taken huge bribe from oposite party he denied & told ur husband BC how u came under SC.What to do to add this act and what documents needed.please guide.


 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 June 2021

After marriage in general she acquires the status of her husband's caste in Hindu culture.  The punishments etc., are uniform to all.   You are not gong to get any additional advantages by filing an atrocity case, as the accused may not be aware even of her SC status.  Do not indulge in fights with Police from the beginning. in your own case and give them the opportunity of diluting the serious case on attempted murder.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 July 2021

The marital status will not deprive your wife of her rights and privileges that she is entitled to as per her parent community.

She can very well escalate the matter to the higher police officer if the remarks  or the disputes are targeted based on her community and she was abused on that context.

She can even approach judicial magistrate court or the sessions court with a  private complaint if there is no proper response or cooperation from the side of police.


P. Venu (Advocate)     03 July 2021

Wrongdoing, as posted does not involve any atrocity as defined under Section 3 of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities).  Hence the action of the police official cannot be faulted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query