Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sornalingam (teacher)     29 August 2012

Saving wife who is in bad mental condition

My dear law battlers,

I am in a very tricky situation. 

My wife is suffering from a serious mental illness called bipolar disorder.

"Bipolar disorder also known as manic depression is a serious mental illness in which common emotions become intensely and often unpredictably magnified. Individuals with bipolar disorder have severe swings in mood, energy, thinking, and behavior that impair their daily life and negatively affect their relationships.

They can quickly swing from extremes of happiness, energy and clarity (from the highs of mania on one extreme) to sadness, fatigue and confusion (to the lows of depression on the other). These shifts can be so devastating that individuals may choose suicide. More than just a fleeting good or bad mood, the cycles of bipolar disorder last for days, weeks, or months.

And although it’s treatable, many people don’t recognize the warning signs and get the help they need. Since bipolar disorder tends to worsen without treatment, if left untreated, bipolar disorder can seriously affect nearly every aspect of a person’s life.

During severe manic or depressed episodes, in some extreme cases, the individual may have symptoms that overwhelm their ability to deal with reality. This inability to distinguish reality from unreality results in psychotic symptoms such as hearing voices, paranoia, visual hallucinations, and false beliefs of special powers or identity. They may have distressing periods of great sadness alternating with euphoric optimism (a natural high) and/or rage that is not typical of the person during periods of wellness.

Psychotic symptoms indicate a severe mood episode that requires immediate medical attention and treatment."

Now my wife is showing psychotic symptoms.

Our marriage is a love marriage. We married together secretly without the knowledge of my parents-in-law.

My parents-in-law came to know our marriage due to a problem created by my wife due to her illness.

My parents-in-law are ignorant people. They selfishly (caste difference) separate us.  

I filed a habeas corpus petition, but my wife along with my parents-in-law refused the fact that we are married.

I have researched on her problems for 8 months and created a personalised report proving her illness.

I have photos, videos,audios, smses to prove our marriage and her disorder.

I filed an Restitution of Conjugal rights case.

Now my parents-in-law are wantedly delaying the case by refusing to accept the summons from the court stating that my wife is out of station. 

The sooner i get her and start the treatments, the better she will be.

I have personaly approached my parents-in-law several times but they are very adamant.

Dear warriors, in my life me and wife are no two different units. The day we married we became one. She is the wonderful gift of my life. She is more than a partner, She is my child. It is my mistake to let her suffer. This is the most critical situation in which she needs immediate treatment, great care and Love.

What is the way to get her back immediately? Is it possible through the RCR as people say it will take a long time with this case.

Pleae advice me.

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     29 August 2012

1. Not possible “restitution of conjugal rights” via RCR mode if she does not want to join your company.
2. Even if you file HCP and she is asked if she would like to return to matrimonial home and in HC she says no then again not possible.
3. Best would be to allow time to heal and take over where nature shows failure !

Harassed Hunsband (prop)     29 August 2012

Dear Mr. sornalingam

Please tell me how did you find the Bipolar disorder......? and that too you are able to prove it.........

In my case I suspect my wife to be having bipolar disorder, and I am married by her parents without informing us.

Now I have filed for divorce and they are delaying the matter........

They donot want divorce and are looking at maintainence........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register