LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

koraganjikumar (other)     27 August 2016

Sale deed registered by cheque which was not honoured

2 Cheques was given at the time of registration mentioned in the document. One cheque was honoured in the same day Second cheque with same date was not deposited as requested by the buyer. After the due date buyer has taken cheque from me with wrong lies saying he will make payment in cash no written consent btn us. Now he is not all interested to make payment to me and planning to sell off that property. I don't have cheque with me no proof of writing between us. How to file a cheating case upon him. It's been more than 1.5 yrs


 6 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     27 August 2016

Buyer must be aware.

U can try to solve matter amicably. It is help full to u.

koraganjikumar (other)     27 August 2016

I lost my money my property cheated by the seller fake honey words. I don't have proof of giving his back to him. When I ask he simply says nxt month. Can the sale deed be cancelled or not. I had written a letter to him to return the check or amount or new check but he has not yet replied. What are the possible chances for me in filing the suit upon him. @adv.bharat@pune Thxs for the beautiful advice Plz save this advice as it may useful for you in future in any case related to you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 August 2016

Hope both cheque numbers are mentioned in sale deed.

Approach your able counsel with copy of sale deed, communication sent by you to buyer to return the cheque or pay in cash and act ASAP under expert legal advise of your counsel.


Lodge your Aitraaz (complaint) with Registering Authority/Tehsildar also.



Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     29 August 2016

Even the cheque numbers mentioned in the sale deed, one cheque was honoured and another cheque you have returned beleving his words.  

As you have stated no document is with you to show that he cheated you. You are in trouble.

Now the purchaser will take defence that he paid cash to you and you have returned his second cheque. He cheated on you. But you are not having any documents to proove the same.





Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 August 2016

Approach your able counsel and your counsel shall discuss the strategy with you.


In such matters one should avoid acting on one's own and prefer to act under expert advise of an expert counsel.

koraganjikumar (other)     30 August 2016

Why every one here simply advices to meet counsel? dont we know that ?? we do? What we want to know is how to frame a case upon him What extent i can win the case? Whether Cancellation of sale deed is possible or not ? Exactly want to know what the law is ? Thanks to @sandhya srinivas @Kumar doab can u define ' Expert advise from an expert counsel '

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register