LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mubarak Jawahar Ali Khan (Unemployee)     06 May 2013

Salary problem

I was hired by Linkquest pvt ltd, for Lepton Software pvt ltd, and had been working as a Team Leader Villupuram District, Tamilnadu State (2 months survey project). i have appointment letter of linkquest company. Now completed my work period, i have been asking my salary in the past one month, That company is not responding my phone calls, what to do with this? I need an advice.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 May 2013

You have posted that you were recruited for Fixed Term of 2 months. Is it mentioned in appointment letter issued to you that the contract/appointment shall end after 2 months?

As per language stated in appointment letter issued to you, you may submit a carefully drafted representation to good offices of your appointing authority, MD, Chairman, company secretary, that you have completed the project assigned to you on dated and thereafter you were told by Mr/Ms…………………designation………..dept……….address…..name of company on dated…..that your FTC has come to end and you do not have to attend to any office and company has also never communicated in writing to attend to any work thereafter.

You may narrate the dues/wages company owes to you and representation made by you ( date wise and mention designation………..dept……….address…..name of company personnel, phone number  to whom you have been representing by phone, email ,letter, in person) for supplying the payment of amounts company owes to you.

You may represent preferably by letter thru redg. post and obtain POD from PO.

In addition to the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, states also provide for compliance's under the Shops & Establishment Acts, Standard Standing Orders Act……. If the employee falls within the definition under these enactments, then he would be protected, up to that extent. 

Designation alone does not decide employee is a workman or not.

You have the option of lodging complaint with o/o Labor commissioner, Inspector under Shops & Establishment Acts, Inspector under Payment of Wages Act at location assigned to you in your appointment letter or location of redg. office of the company or location of jurisdictional courts as stated in your appoi9ntment letter.

The contact details of these officials and these Acts must be available at Dept. of labor website of your state.

It shall be appropriate to approach your lawyer, to show all of your documents give inputs in person and proceed under expert advice of your lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register