Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Moinuddin Syed   22 February 2016

Rules regarding filing of criminal revision application

Hello everyone,

My question is to the senior Advocates present at this forum.

While following a case for my senior I came accross a Criminal Revision Application filed against an Order of Issuing Process to 5 accused by the J.M.F.C. There are a few queries that I have regarding the said Criminal Revision Application.

Firstly, the Cri. R. A. has been filed by the Advocate of Applicants with his signature on the Application. There Applicants have not signed on the Cri. R. A., and nor is their any Affidavit in support of the Application. From the little knowledge I have it seems necessary that the Application must be signed by the Applicants and it must also be supported by seperate Affidavits of each of the Applicants. So my first question is:-

>>>Can a Criminal Revision Application be filed by the Advocate? And is it not necessary that supporting Affidavits be filed in a Criminal Revision Application?

Secondly, the Vakalatnama has been signed by only one of the accused as Power of Attorney Holder of all the other accused, the Power of Attorney has been filed along with the Application. The Power of Attorney is in relation to selling a flat and dealing with all cases in relation to the said flat. So my second question is:-

>>>Can a Power of Attorney Holder file a Cri. R. A. on behalf of the other accused? Also when he himself is an accused in the very case?

It would be helpful if the answers are supported with provision in Law or any Case Laws.

Thank You.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register