LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Rti to the court

Dear Sir, Madam, Members,

Is there any option to file RTI to judicial majistrate court for following information?

1. How many 498a cases have been filed & processed in this court last 5 years?

2. From total count of cases to point #1 above, what is the average time taken for completion of 498a cases to closure? Please speficy the least time taken and maxmimum time taken for closure of the case?

3. From total count of cases to point #1 above, how many cases have taken more than 2 years for closure?

4. From total count of cases to point #1 above, how many cases have taken more than 2 years and still in progress?

Kindly let me know your thoughts. Thank you so much.


 8 Replies


would the judge come to know about this RTI or PIO officer will be processing reply independently?

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     24 March 2016

1. You can file such R.T.I. with the P.I.O. of the relevant court. The Judge will not give such information. 

1 Like


@ Rohit Sharma 

I have some query so felt like asking in this forum only as related to RTI in court

I gave application that I want to see brief , because my late mother is party to suit 

Judge did not allow me instead "Wrote remark" Other party to file say and kept in brief and denied Discoveries and Inspection (Unde civil manual Discoveries and Inspection - Maharashtra there is third party procedure )

Next day I gave simple application that I want to see the brief since mother died in 2007. It is very natural you can not take necessary steps without understanding brief when you are totally blind. Judge said you be party to suit then only you can see the brief and rejected and gave my application back. (Well contradictory to civil Manual)

When other party came I discussed it was Suit for restoration , so I felt better hold on , since suit against dead person is nullity and necessary steps not taken by opp. party restorration suit is abeted.

I was wondering , Whether Judge was right in denying brief under circumstances and taking stand that you can not see brief unless until you are party to suit. Well to my legal knowledge it is wrong. because you need to study before giving application .

Well i did not raise the point of civil manual because Judge was aggitated . Additionally I felt after studying again , Judge told bit wrong  , well in my interest let restoration of suit gets abeted , Why to give abetment set aside application myself only. And if other party file delay condolence and abetmentment set aside applciation I should contest.

So question what are the remedies available when Judge even does not take Application for discoveries and insepection of brief and pass oral order that you cannot see the brief. 

Now if I move application under RTI to PIO under RTI Act certainly PIO will take stand brief denied because Judge has prohibited you orally and there is provision in RTI where court prohibits person for information it can not be given .

Under circumstances what remedies are available ? 




Additionally I found interesting thing they got EX Partee order against dead person and no cross against dead person intentionally. I came to court looking at website . It can be taken as fraud on court because the remark on post on wrong address against dead person with not claimed remark can be taken fraud on court. 

This i managed to see when brief was allowed by clerk without Judge knowledge. 

This Judge denying infromarion is bit wrong i suppose further because I appeared in court in afternoon when she passed in morning No cross against dead person. So she too got some where involved in wrong order. Now denying me brief is abuse of courts power some where 

Sanjeet Kumar (Activist)     11 April 2017

Hi, You may file RTI to concerned PIO to get such information. You may learn more about RTI at .

Sanjeet Kumar (Activist)     11 April 2017

Hi, You may file RTI to concerned PIO to get such information. You may learn more about RTI at .

srinivas naik   20 October 2022

Very nice blog, Thank you for sharing this informative article. It is very useful to us.

Alpa Jogi (Advocate) (Lawyer / Advocate)     21 October 2022

You can definitely file a RTI seeking the information mentioned by you in the query. But the concerned Judge will not reply to the RTI. There are nominated Public Information Officers (PIOs) who will respond to your RTI application.


Regarding brief, you can apply for a certified copy and by paying requisite fees, you will be given certified copy of all the documents.


For any more information, you can consult me online by following link

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query