Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi (a)     17 May 2016

Rti to bank

Dear lawyers/Experts -

i have been fat amount to my wife & kid under sec24HMA in divorce case filed by me. i have been doing the online transfer every month.

i would like to know if the amount deposited in her acct is being used widely for my kid or not. wrt. can i file RTI to the nationalized bank asking the bank transactions on her acct. 

1. is it ok to file RTI?

2. does this impact my divorce case?


 5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 May 2016

Bank will not entertain your RTI application as that will amount to infringement of terms of secrecy towards the customer of not disclosing the account details to anyone. You can summon the bank account details in the court proceedings if you have information of misuse of funds provided by you for you minor child and wife.

Vakalath (Vakeel No. 1)     17 May 2016

Once you give money in hand or deposit same to your wifes account, its her wish what she spends on, you cannot questoin her, you can only question her if your kid is not looked after properly inspite of you paying alimony to kid, in such case where you feel otherwise, you can ask the court to handover custody of kid to you, in form of separate application under G&W Act.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 May 2016

You can benefit from the advise of experts.

Do you have a reason or clue to doubt! 


Ravi (a)     19 May 2016

thank you all.

i have an RTI reply from RTO about the vehicle in the name of my wife bought by her thru the funds that i deposit every month. she accepted this truth in 498a cross.

she begged in 24hma that she wanted money for maintenance for herself and kid. she is enjoying the vehicle and buying gold thru my money. if the money is not well used for the kid, why cannot i question that the money being deposited is utilized for maintenance or looting me legally?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 May 2016

Has she bought gold on Bill?

Gold is an investment, also.

Ask your counsel how can you proceed to knwo the manner and how on wha money is being spent?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register