LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahendrakumar (marketing)     08 December 2009

RTI redirection

i had submiited an rti application to an asst PIO of kerala govt seeking certain information which comes under his" jurisdiction".however some of the information if divulged could be embarassing to the authorities(my feeling).

i had received a reply from State PIO stating that my application has been forwarded to a different authority for furnshing reply direct to me.Now my questions are_

1) i feel the new authority to whom my application has been forwarded is not competent to give replies to my queries as answers to almost 95% of my queries does not comes under his jurisdiction. as such he may not be able to provide informations to me in this regard.

2)If he provide information to my queries,will it be binding on all?

3) If he is not providing(I am sure about this) the necessary information, to whom should i file an appeal?

4)how long should I wait for the answers for the original application filed on 09th Nov 2009?

Learning

1 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     08 December 2009

The RTI stipulates transfer of the application to the authority concerned with whom the information is readily available,if it is not availble at the office addressed.As such you can wait for the response.A time limit of 30 days have been given to answer the application.If at all you are sure with whom the desired information is availble,you may request the athority to forward the same to him.Neverthless you can make first appeal to the next highter athority  as per the Act.You can file second appeal with the State information commission if the information is not sent you within 60 days.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register