Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madan mohan nagar (orthopaedic surgeon)     06 February 2012

Rti payments by cash

SIR,

can RTI FEE be given in the form of 10 Rs. currancy note attached to application N  sent by regigtered/speed post....is it a crime.??? can central CIC.fine/punish for this .???PL. SUPPORT YOUR ANS. (WHETHER PRO OR AGAINST)  BY CITATION OF RELEVANT ACT/RULE AND DECIDED/CITED EXAMPLES..IF POSSIBLE.

THANKS.!!

Learning

11 Replies

Rajneesh Madhok (Advocate)     07 February 2012

The RTI fees can be paid in cash to the PIO's accounts office and the copy of receipt should be attached to the application. The currency note can not be attached with the application. The best way out in this case is to file application alongwiht Indian Postal order. As we have to pay minimum commission on IPO. Say Rs 1 for the IPO of Rs 10/=. Whereas if we pay vide Bank draft then there are minimum charges provision to issue bank draft. So it will be the best way out to apply through IPO. If you have sent the application accompanied with currency note. Then send IPO alongwith the application filed earlier and apologize that you have sent currency note due to lack of knowledge so kindly treat my application with this IPO as fees. Your application date will be treated as the application filed on the date without IPO. So, count days of filing application from the date of application. As we have option to pay fees within 30 days of filing of application. 

madan mohan nagar (orthopaedic surgeon)     07 February 2012

thanks MR.MADHOK JI ...

(Guest)

Madan je

Why not you depsit cash.

If not pssible than attached a IPO Or DD.

If  you send fee as cash in envilope how will yu prve that you have sent. Rs. 10/- is very nominal so PIO will not cash and reject your applicati, In this way its not maintenable.

MM (PRACTICE)     15 August 2012

can any one tell me which name RTI fee will have to pay?

Which name should be written in IPO for RTI Fee.?

please write me at Email Id: mahendermahto@hotmail.com

madan mohan nagar (orthopaedic surgeon)     15 August 2012

Thanks Prajapati ji you are right there are many dishonest peoples, who refused  ,even 10 Rs.note was attached with application.PMO accepted attachment but sent the same back by Indian post ,if sending currancy note by postal envelop is a crime ,an ignorant person did the CRIME however PMO is free of it ...REALLY A SURPRINS LAW IN A SURPRISING COUNTRY......PROBABLY ONLY POSSIBLE IN INDIA.?????

surjit singh (Assistant)     15 August 2012

Generally people used to send the IPO blank, and the office which receives it fills it up, but it is seen in some cases when the authoritities want to avoid the information they will return the IPO as not dully filled. It is better to write  in favour of the PIO of the office to which you are sending. But legally it should be in the name of the account officer of that particular office.

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     15 October 2012

@MM

Write in IPO as :-

Accounts officer, Name of department

@Madan Mohan Nagar,

so for as about your query that attachment of currency note is not crime.

madan mohan nagar (orthopaedic surgeon)     15 October 2012

Thanks Shailesh ji

At the time of hearing THE CIC was very  agreesive and was no interested in listening ....probably because matter was related to PMO.the PMO also returned currancy note by reg. post I was surprised why CIC behaved in that manner.

THANKS A LOT SIR FOR YOUR REPLY.!!

@Madan Mohan Nagar,

Please refer to my earlier reply, i said that it is not crime.

it is also to be noted that attachement of currency note is regular/genreal activity.

However, you can go apex court against order of cic and with subject that you have to prove that you made it bona fide. 

madan mohan nagar (orthopaedic surgeon)     15 October 2012

Thanks once again SHAILESH JI for your prompt reply and kind advise .SIR.!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register