LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh Mukadam (None)     05 December 2011

Rti

I am one of the major beneficiary of a family trust formed by my grand father who owns a building in Mumbai. Trusties of the same trust have not giving profit and loss statement ( trust operations) for last several years and operating trust like their personal property Can I obtain copies of the Income Tax Returns from Income Tax Dept under RT of the trust?

Learning

6 Replies

mahendrakumar (marketing)     05 December 2011

why do you want to use rti for this?

you being a major beneficiary of the trust,why cant you demand the details from them?

Mahesh Mukadam (None)     05 December 2011

I have already demanded which they refused. In fact they havent given to the other beneficieries too. Court procedure is very lengthy and expensive. There are several tenants and I have no idea what these tenants pay. There are lots of new tenants and lots of PAGDI transaction involved ( Black Money )  If I get Tax Returns then I will be having clear idea about the property Income and Expense Hence I need copies of the tax returns

mahendrakumar (marketing)     07 December 2011

it would be in your interest not to make any legal/official steps at this stage.

why dont you approach through some elders in the family?do you suspect that your interest are not genuinely protected?

Mahesh Mukadam (None)     07 December 2011

Trusties are taking advantage of me. At present I live abroad and they think I wont come back. There are lot of black money involved while transfering tenancy which they do not want to disclose. If I can able to obtain Income Tax returns I will know exactly whats going on. I will really appreciate help in this matter

mahendrakumar (marketing)     07 December 2011

it is very difficult to get the IT returns copy easily as it is a third party information,which will be released with their consent.

further,whether you get a copy or not through rti,most of your trust members will know that you are probing the matter.

as you said money is paid in "black",such details would not be available in it return.

you may engage the service of \a "private detective agency" to know the details.

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     11 December 2011

As per section 11(1), Without the consent trustees, you could not get information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register