LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gujjar manish Famda   14 September 2021

road related

i want road for my business
but the neighbor's are not allow to give land for road


 5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 September 2021

you can approach to the local municipal administration for pathway road.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     14 September 2021

Hello, You have to file a civil suit. Appoint local advocate for filing a civil suit.

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)     14 September 2021

Dear Mr Famda, Please narrate some facts .... Who does the land belong to ? Government ? The Neighbour ? You ? Any third party ? . Regards

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 January 2022

Your queyr seems to be unde easement rights.  No fruitful view can be formed without local examination and other surrounding facts.  You are therefor eadvised to approach a nearby lawyer.

Anaita Vas   13 January 2022

The concept of easement has been defined under Section 4 of The Indian Easements Act, 1882

It includes the right to do or continue to do something or to prevent or to continue to prevent something in connection with or in respect of some other land, which is not his own, for the enjoyment of his own land.

Right of way is an example of easement right. A right of way is a right to pass over the soil of another person uninterruptedly. Rights of way do not fall under the denomination of natural rights. They are discontinuous easement, and may be acquired in the same way as the other easements are acquired.

Right to way may be limited to agricultural purposes only and the existence such a right is not itself sufficient evidence of general right for all purposes- to carry lime or stone from a newly opened quarry, or it may be limited to the purpose of driving cattle, or carriages or of the passage of boats, or it may be a horse way or merely a way for foot passengers, or the right of user may be limited to such times as a gate is open,or to certain hours of the day, or when the crop are off the land. A right of way acquired by prescripttion for agricultural purposes can be used for other purposes provided that the burden on the servient tenement is not increased by such user. When a right of way is granted by conveyance for access and use of a particular land, it cannot be extended and utilized for cultivation of another adjoining land.

First approach the local municipal authority and try is you can do something about this issue. If this attempt turns out to be fruitless, I suggest you to file a civil suit against your neughbours. 



Anaita Vas


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query