LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D VISHWESHWAR   14 May 2017

Rights on land owned by my parents

my father purchsed agr land on my mother name.my father also purchased agr land on his name aslo.some ancesteral properrty on my father name.now my parents wants to  transfer these lands to my brother and me equally.i have two married sisters.now they want equal share on this land.what are their rights ? my parents transffer by setttelement agreement to me and my brother ,is it legally valid.please advice

Learning

6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     14 May 2017

your father and mother are free to give their self acquired property to anyone they wish to give.as far as the ancestral property is concerned you need to tell how it devolved over your father

saravanan s (legal advisor)     14 May 2017

your father and mother are free to give their self acquired property to anyone they wish to give.as far as the ancestral property is concerned you need to tell how it devolved over your father

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 May 2017

It is believed that you are Hindu.

And both Father and mother are alive.

Confirm!

The Father and mother both can dispose their self acquired/absolute property in their life time by a valid/registered deed in anyone’s favor.

Sons, daughters have NO forced share in parent’s self acquired/absolute property.

Legitimate Sons, daughters as Co-parceners have equal share in ancestral property.

Preferably show the property related dcos to a very able counsel at your location of unshakable repute and integrity, specializing in revenue/property related matters and your counsel can opine the property is ancestral or not.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 May 2017

As far as ancesteral properrty is concerned, the all legal heir including married women are having rights over ancestral property But Your father as per  wish as on his self acquired property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register