LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RISHABH   27 March 2017

Rights in grandfather property

I am single alone child (daughter) of my parents. Unfortunately my both parents are dead now. My grandfather has three sons.  My father is one of them, All three sons of my grandfather lived in that house property, which is inherited to all threw my  grandfather, by doing mutual partition of house after the death of my grandfather.

Now, Before death of my father,my cousin brother had made the sale deed (registery )of house  in his favour. My all house hold  items was there in house under my lock & key. Now my cousin brother said leave the house and remove all house hold items  from house as it was purchased by us from your father.

I was unkown about the fact because I am married and resides  in other city.. Now my question is as follows:

1. That there is any legal right of mine in that property as alone and single child of my parents? Can I claim that ?
  2. Does my father has right to sell the property without my consent ?  

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     27 March 2017

Sir, 

You have the right in the property qua your father who is deceased now, u can get the sale deed cancelled and get the share in the property. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

https://kapilchandnaadvocate.wordpress.com/

RISHABH   27 March 2017

Dear Sir, I heartly thanks for your kind reply to my query.

Let me please know the section of article which endows me my legal rights to the said property. Reason is that here all the advocates are advising me that girl child do not have legal rights in the property of grandfather/ great grandfather & subsequently father has the right to sell such property without seeking consent of girl child even if she is the only child of her parents.

thanks & regards.  

advocate praveen (prop.)     01 April 2017

Dear,

You have the right over the property of your father.  But as per your submission that your father sold the property without your consent, basically it needs not to take the consent from you.  However, you can still challenge the sale deed or file a case to declare the sale deed null and void.

regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register