LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arnab banerjee (nil)     08 August 2012

Right to education act is unconstitutional

why the said act is unconstitutional is that the sc keeps minority school out of the purview of the right to education act. this is a discrimination based on religion which violates art.15 of constitution. which says do not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, caste, gender etc.

also the said act provides for free education for poor children in private school. this is also a discrimination based on economic status.

Learning

4 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     08 August 2012

What about Article 29 and 30 of the Constitution and Section 12 of RTE?

Originally posted by : N.K.Assumi

What about Article 29 and 30 of the Constitution and Section 12 of RTE?

art 29 (2) said that no citizen should be denied admission into educational institution based on religion,race, caste, language etc. fine, but will it say that minority children shold be provided for free education in private schools?

i don't think so.

art.30 said that minorities have a right to establish their own education institution. i am not talking about if minorities have any right to establish their own school or college. i am talking about why schools and colleges of minority is kept outside the purview of RTE?

section 12 of rte said about 25% reservation in private schools. this means discrimination based on caste.( minority vs. general).  
it is unconstitutional to the core.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     08 August 2012

25% is to be reimbursed by the Govt.

Originally posted by : N.K.Assumi

25% is to be reimbursed by the Govt.

but why reservation? why not merit? let the poor kids got selected based on merit and then provide those meritorious poor kids free education. will it not be better?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register