LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhukumar (technical )     11 May 2014

Resignation acceptance

Hello ALL , 

Need your Help . i am a central government employee and had joined the service 6 months back and i have put down my resignation due to personal reasons and i am planning to go back to my home town to work in Private 


As per my appointment letter it says that resignation must be submitted with 1 month notice and i have submitted the same on 5th MAY however the authority says that i will not relive you for 3 to 4 months 

i dont need any relive letter nor experience letter from Central government 

can i go back to my home town after completion of 1 month which i will satisfy as per the appointment letter.

will there be any legal implication in the same


 4 Replies

Adv. Santosh Yadav (Advocate/Lawyer)     11 May 2014


Greetings for the day !!!

If it is mentioned in the offer letter that you have to give 1 month advance notice than plz serve the notice period. however if you do not want any reliving letter from the company than you can leave at any stage of your employment.

Adv. Santosh Yadav

Solomon Raju (Advocate High Court of A.P.)     11 May 2014

Please address a letter to your higher authorities that you have submitted a resignation letter dated 05.05.2014 and as per your offer letter you have given advance notice of 1 month and now the your boss/manager is threatening that he will not relieve you for another 3 to 4 months...

You explain that you do not want any legal litigations...better advise him to relieve you. If you are leaving the organization without any relieving letter, then all your PF, Pension and other benefits will be lost...Why do you want to give your hard earned money to government for free...In your name, the higher officials will take the said money, you will have no idea....

Better, get a clean chit from your superiors and then leave...If you leave like this, if you get any future employment in state/Central Government in future...you need to obtain relieving letter that point of time...So address a letter immediately and also address an email to those who have email regarding these people's behaviour....Anyhow you are leaving, throw some big stones against them who are trying to give you trouble....So, nothing changes for you but for them...it will be difficult task...If necessary approach an advocate and issue a legal notice....immedaitely, they will relieve you...

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 May 2014

If you satisfy the service condition on the resignation issues, you need worry about the subsequent developments on the issue.

S.Sankarasubramanian (practcing advocate)     16 May 2014

kindly get the direction from the High Court and get relieved from the present position  happily based on the notice issued to the competent appointing authorities.


                                                                                         S.Sankarasubramanian, Advocate, Madurai Bench of 

                                                                                          Madras High Court, Madurai.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register