LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Viren Patel (Accountant)     30 October 2017

Resign related issue

hello sir, If i put resign in my current organization. My notice period is TWO month but i want to leave in ONE month, however management force me for TWO month or replacement than after relive you. IF i relive in one month instead of two month can i do so or my company taking any legal action on me?. Please help me out.


 2 Replies

anilpandey   30 October 2017

In every contract of employment there is a terms for serving notice period or to deduct salary in lieu of that period. Therefore no legal action could be taken in view of that terms. If terms say that one will have to serve notice period only not salary deduction then the said term is void as per section 27 of the Indian contract Act,1872

1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     30 October 2017

If in agreement with your employer the salary payble in lieu of notice period is provided then you can resign with one month notice or you have to give 2 months notice. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register