LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahan mahan (NIL)     12 July 2020

Residents welfare association

 request you to throw more light on the following wrt our residential complex (15-20 years oldin chennai with 24 flats; but hardly 4-5 owners only stay in the campus, while others are let out/ vacant)
1 . i request you to outline as to how to form a RWA
2. criterion/ requirements for forming/ registering association as per TnSocieties registration actRA or Tnapartment ownership act


 4 Replies

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     12 July 2020

1.  A minimum of 10 Flat-Owners signatures are required to form /register a Society or a RWA, which can be registered under the state Coop. Dept., or the Association registering authority.

2. Documentary proceedures, Bye Laws, etc.... have to be conducted before a Registration Certificate is granted.  Use the services of a local Lawyer who has experience in the field.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 July 2020

Any suggestion depends upon the local law prevailing in your State.

K.S.Ramaswamy Advocate (ADVOCATE)     17 July 2020

In our view, To Constitute a RWA a minimum of 10 members is necessary. If owners of the apartment not a resident, then  POA in his absence is possible. The byllaw must a cluase to permit the representative of the owner. The representative of the owner of the apartment cannot be a office bearer and only the onwer of the flat can hold office bearer post.

However, the querist may conult  with expert lawyer who has dealt on the society Registration before setting up RWA.



Sudarshan   11 February 2022

sorry to open this topic, but i have a same query where i need to know if POA can be office bearer?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register