Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shahnaz (Proprietor)     06 September 2013

Residential property sale agreement query

Dear All,

I am a married but separated woman from Mumbai. I am interested in purchasing property with my father. 

The case:

My father and me jointly own a property that was purchased prior to my marriage. It has my father's name as the first name and my maiden name as second in the agreement. We are looking to sell this property and buy a flat elsewhere in Mumbai. The price of the flat we are looking to buy is higher than the amount we will get from our current property and hence I will be taking a small loan.

My query is that can I buy the new property and have a sale agreement with my name (after marriage) as the first holder and my father's name as the second holder?

I am married but separated and since I am buying the new property with the sale proceedings of my father's property I would like his name to be there in the agreement as well. Can this be done?

Is there any law to stop a married daughter from buying property with her father?

Please respond at your earliest.

Thanks & Warm Regards,

Shahnaz

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 September 2013

In history, a woman's property has often, but not always, been under the control of her father or, if she was married, her husband.

Adv Gaikwad 7385647897 (self)     07 September 2013

No law restrict you to enter in to any legal contract with anybody ( subject to persons excluded by contract Act ) including either your father or any other relative

sanjeev kumar jaiswal (ADVOCATE)     07 September 2013

yes, you can buy the  new property and have a sale agreement with your name (after marriage) as the first holder and your father's name as the second holder.

you can keep your father's name in the agreement.

No there is no such  law to stop a married daughter from buying a property with her father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register