Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Resale flat - title & search report

Hi,

I am planning to buy a flat (resale). While doing the same, I approached  an advocate who was willing to give me the search report and title certificate. However, the advocate suggested that I provide the copy of development agreement which the developer had with the original land owners in order to provide a search report. If the documents are not available then the search report would be only from the date the agreement developer had with original land owners to till date. However, I am under the impression that it is the advocate's responsibility to access these documents from the sub-regristrar's office in order to provide the search report. Moreover, should the search report be for 30 years or some advocates have told me it would be for 13 years.

What exactly is verified in search report? Are search report & title certificate two different aspects? Do I need to get hold of the development agreements of the developer with original land owners. Considering it is a resale flat the document I have are - (1) Agreement to sale betn developer & first flat owner, (2) Deed of declaration, (3) Deed of Apartment, (4) electricity bill, (5) property tax receipt, (6) revalidated maps from municipal corporation.

Quick response would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register