Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tipsy (importer)     04 March 2009

Rented Premises who is entitled to keep original electric Bills ?

Original electric bill who should keep as i have rented my premises and electric bill is paid by the person who has hired the office premises, I told him to return my original electric bill after payment, but he says he needs for his account, what is the way out ?

Learning

5 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     04 March 2009

You have rented your permises and your tennant is the onsumer of the electricity and he is paying the electric bills and the consumer paying the bills should keep the originl bill. And why do you need the bills of another consumer?

Uma parameswaran (lawyer)     04 March 2009

Tenant have the right to keep the electricity  bill with him as far as he is paying the bill.

sanjeev murthy desai (Advocate)     04 March 2009

Absolutely he has the right to keep the all bills

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     04 March 2009

I would slightly differ. The bill should remain with the person in whose name the meter stands. he is the owner of the bill document. It is only by virtue of agreement that the tenant is paying the electricity charges which may be part of rent depending on agreement. If tenant wants he can keep xerox copy to show that the bill is paid. The best course is to have a sub meter in the name of tenant. Sab zanjat khatam.

sanjeev gupta (Advocate)     05 March 2009

Dear Sir,

I think, Mr.Palnitkar is right, because when u leave rented permises, on that case u have to give all original bill to the owner concerned of that premises.

So, when u paid the electricity bill at that time u can keep Xerox copy of that bill and original paid bill send to the owner.

Sanjeev gupta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register