LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adhiraj Chudasama   18 February 2020

Rented Equipment confiscated by third party

I had given my equipment on rent to a person after making necessary contract with him that clearly mentions that ownership of the equipment shall remain with me always. He was running the machine at a hospital on a leased space and defaulted on the payments. Now the hospital has confiscated his entire setup along with my machine and refuses to release my machine until the person clears his dues with them.

A) Can the Hospital do that in the first place?

B) What course of action is suitable for quick resolution?

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Umesh Arora (SCI)   03 March 2020

It depends on the terms and conditions mentioned in the contract between that person and the hospital. Moreover, there should have been a triparty agreement. I don't think you have taken that care here. If there is no tripartite agreement, you cannot sue the hospital directly. But you can sue this person to whom you have entrusted your machinery vide your agreement. 

File and FIR for recovery of your machinery. Section 406. They might be able to recover the machine from the hospital. Then you can move an application in the court to have this machine released from the police in your favor. 

Regards

ADV Umesh Arora

(Supreme Court of India)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register