Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PG (na)     04 April 2015

Rent property

I am living in a rented property since june'11. The property is mutually divided between the family. The landlord of the portion which I occupies, died last year leaving behind his mother, who also died after 3 months of his son's death. As there was no legal heir to the portion of the property I occupy. After the death of my landlord his maternal uncle (Mama), approached me & asked me the rent so that he may carry out the treatment of my landlord's mother, who got mentally disturbed due to sudden death of her son. Since than I deposited rent to his mothers account which was jointly operated by my landlord's Mama. After the death of Landlord's mother, the Mama asked me to stop depositing the rent in the account as the first holder was no more, which I did. Since than he collected the rent in cash & didnt provided any receipt on the pretex of I forgot to bring or I will give next time. For the past 18 months the same was his reply & we also become used to it & not asking any more as we developed a good relation. Now for the past 2 months he has been behaving strangely asking us to vacate the house, to which I sought time of 30-45 days which expired yesterday. Now as I was unable to find any suitable accomodation I sought more time to which he refused & even told that we had not paid any rent to him for the past 1 year & that the deposit I made 4-5 years back has been adjusted towards the due rent. Nowe I am going through mental prtessure as to what to do because

1. I dont have any immediate residence 

2. The deposit I made with my landlord has been refused by him

3. For alternate accomodation, I will have to pay rent as per current market which is totally unaffordable to me


Kindly advise


 2 Replies


better ask for a amicable settlment and tell the owner that you need the advance to move out can then think of any legal course by not moving until you get the advance back.

its owner right to ask you to vacate by giving proper will only be a loser in a way going through legal hassles /endup up losing you deposit by complicating this. you are already facing issues finding a suitable accomodation and why get the black mark of becoming a legal-hassle tenant in the society..

Adv S K Gupta (Advocate High Court)     05 April 2015

You need not to vacate the house, enjoy it as your own house without taking any mental pressure.

Tell Mama you are not going to vacate on his conditions. 


Have you paid any advance to landlord ?

You can contact at for complete remedy

9997628444, 9412036284

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query