LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shailendra patadia (director)     27 September 2014

Rent act evication case by landlord

Respected Sir's

                                        i have a case of eviction filed against me by a new landlord  i am the tenant of the bulding which is owned by a partnership firm  the new landlord have purchased 90 percent of the shares from few of the partners of the partnershih firm they have sold  the share in their induvidual capacity without the concent of other partners and as such the new landlord with 90 % of the share and the other partners who have not sold their share of 10 % both are claming to be landlord of the premises and demanding rent now since the new land lord of 90% share have filed a suit of eviction against me for non payment of rent and other false issues . i have filed my written statment long back in the year 2003 the cross examination of the plaintiff have started . unfortunately the above issue of dispute between both the landlord have not been stated in my written statment and other vital facts have not been recorded in the written statment so can i file an ammended written statment now at this stage or i file an additional written statment will court allow such at this state of the case where in already twice the landlord have been cross*xamined if yes then kindly give me some court ruling judgment to support my case kindly advise thanking you  


 2 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     28 September 2014

You have to file a petition for amendement of the Written Statement by giving reasons for not mentioning the same earlier in the Written statement.  You have to convince the court.  The court may order for ammendement.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2014

You can file an additional written statement in view of the facts that were not included by oversight in the previous WS, it is permitted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register