Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sowmya (-)     16 January 2013

Renovation using k-vit

dear sirs,

my mother wanted to renovate our very old house which not in a position of occupying as it was almost kept unused for about 20years. as she started the construction there there was a stayorder from an unknown person. in kannada we say it as TALLIARJY. at that stage we had not heard of K-VIT. i dont know even the spelling i have written properly. now that i have heard of it i just wanted to know whether we can take K-VIT and continue the construction or no. or whether we had take the K-VIT at the beginning. please guide me its a humble request as my mother has to vacate the house she is staying in next 2 months. please help me.

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     16 January 2013

It is called a caveat.

It means that before you initiate any legal proceedings on the said property-you must inform the caveat holder - ie the person who holds the caveat. The caveat is valid only for 90 days.

Pl clarify my questions..

1. How did your mother become the owner of the property

2. Who was the actual owner of the property.

I practice is b'lore.. If your need is very urgent, pl call me on 9742102782.

sowmya (-)     18 January 2013

dear sir,

thenk u for ur reply.

the property which i mentioned belonged to my father. and now after his death according to his WILL the property will be owned by my mother. now the entire  tranferring of the property in my mother's will taken time and we need to complete the construction at the max by March end or April beginnig.

we started the construction and got the TALLIRJY. so we had to stop all the work. the person who sent the TALLIARJY is not the resident of the place where my mother resides. he is totally a stranger to us. now please guide me how to take caveat in my mother's name? i heard that caveat should be taken before any stayorder is it true? and also heard that ceveat is valid only if the stayorder is from the neighbours of the construction site? please guide me.

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     18 January 2013

Sowmya,

You have a meet an advocate in person to help you out . " i heard that caveat should be taken before any stayorder is it true? and also heard that ceveat is valid only if the stayorder is from the neighbours of the construction site?"  you have been misguided on this aspect-only limited guidance can be given on any online forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register