LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anjani k Singh (S/W engineer)     15 October 2012

Reliance broadband harassing me

Dear Sir,

Sir I am the user of reliance broadband last 2 year. In July I have shifted my residential address so that I requested reliance call center to disconnect my Reliance broad band connection at date of 18 July 2012.

 At my new address reliance sales executive contact me for new connection of broadband.

                He offers me a new plan quarterly advance rental plan in this plan I have to pay 1200 in advance (399 for 3 month). He told me that in this plan connection charges will free. So we agree on this plan and I hand over 1200 cheque (ICICI bank Check No-235630) and also I have given my rent agreement and pan card Xerox.

                Next day I receive a call from customer care for verification. Reliance executive asked me was I ever used broadband connection so I told him about my previous connection.

                He suggested me instead of taking new connection why not I am going for shifting as reliance will save sales person commission. Then I told him I am going for new connection because I am getting cheaper rate connection (399 per month previously it was 549 per month) as well as what plan he is offing me in than plan I don’t need to pay installation charge. He promises me to if I go for shifting and pay advance rent for three month reliance will not charge shifting charges.

                As per suggestion of reliance customer care executive I cancel my request for new connection and agree for shifting. Also he told me to give request for landline disconnection. at date of 23/07/2012 I have given request for terminate landline

 They took 16 days to shift my broad band connection


                At 18th august I received a call reliance representative and he told me that I have to pay 58 Rs as pending amount from previous connection so I make a payment of 60 Rs immediate.


                Again I receive a call from reliance representative to pay something around 2300. When I asked about detail he told me that they are charging 4 month advance rental so 1600 something will be my advance rental and some tax. I told reliance representative about the period 20-July-2012 to 10-Aug-2012 in that period my connection was close due to poor services of your side than why should I pay for that period, he agree and he promises me for reversal after few days he called me and told me that something 400 amount has been wipe off so I have to pay 1760 or something so I paid 1800.

Last week again I receive d a call from reliance customer care and that person was talking with me like a goon. he told me that I have to pay 2400 as reliance due when I told him I have in advance , he told me that he is not aware of advance payment as in his system it is showing due show I have to pay otherwise I should be ready for his action.

I immediate reliance representative No-02230383398 and ask him for clarification he told me that in his system there is no due from my side but he is seeing 500 something charge as shifting charges.

            When I seek about shifting charge he told me that reliance has charge 250 rs for broad band and 250 for landline shifting. I told him that I have given you requested to terminate my land line that why you are charging shifting charges.


            He told me that your land was terminating at 30/08/2012 so we are charging. I told him that I have given you requested at 23/07/2012 for termination that why u takes 40 days to terminates. They don’t have answer and just saying it was undergoing so I have to pay, so I latterly refuse to pay 250 rs , now they have disconnect my broadband and calling me odd time for payment . When I am requesting to return my advance amount I have paid that are not returning that amount also,

            I have written so many emails to their senior but no reply.

Sir please help what can I do.


 4 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     15 October 2012

You would be required to serve them a legal notice through an Advocate asking for refund of money and compensation for causing harrasment.

you may call me on 9324538481 for legal assistance.



Advocate Rohit Dalmia


Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 October 2012

Do you have complaint/transaction numbers issued by CCE? Do you have copy of any offer made to you?

Did you lodge any complaint in writing?

One should always transact with these companies in writing only and avoid telephonic transactions.

You may escalate the details to local BM,Nodal Officer/Appellate Authority of the company and ask them to treat it as a notice and company should beg apology in writing and reverse all charges and implement your instructions and supply you a written reply by letter on letterhead under original; seal and signature by hand of competent employee of the company so as to reach you say in next 7 days by redg. post only or you shall be constrained to approach the institution of print an electronic media, police, anti fraud cell, regulators, NGO’s, consumer help groups, legal-social-public portals, lawyer/law firm, courts of law etc.

If company approaches you on phone you may demand that competent official of the company may come to you at appointed time with all call recordings etc on appointed time, date, venue given by you.  You may ask the company official to show his/her original ID and record the meeting {audio/visual. Mobile comes handy.} And handover copy of the written representation, and minutes of meeting to company’s official under acknowledgment.

You may take crowd of well wishers to the office of the local BM and create enough noise so that the company gets moving. However record everything and submits minutes under acknowledgment.

If nothing works you have the option of issuing legal notice, filing a complaint in consumer Forum.

There are consumer help groups which have done good job, you can approach them too e.g:


You can approach them too.

You may find the following threads useful.


Discussion > Others > General Discussion > Non payment of mobile bill


Discussion > Civil Law > Consumer Protection > Airtel people harassing


Discussion > Business Law > Airtel unpaid bills


Discussion > Local Forums > Karnataka > Non payment of mobile bills   Unanswered ThreadsPost New Topic



P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     15 October 2012

I am also a victim of harassment from Reliance. Eventhough I told them to disconnect, the interest because of poor quality data transfer,  it took months to do so and demanded money for their latches. I did not pay first, then they sent a lawyer notice. Since, the connection was in my sister's name she was not interested to take further actions. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 October 2012

No one shuld tolertae the nuisance being littered by such comapnies and everyone should catch them by thier nose and push the rights down their throat.

Did the consumer/customer instruct to disconnect the connection in writing under acknowledgment?

Has the consumer maintained the record of calls made to the company? If yes this should sufice.

The lady can be represented by anyone she authorises including a lawyer to chase, tame, and shame these companies.

You seem to have a good case.

Even if you have paid the bill you can proceed to claim the overcharged amounts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register