LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashokkumar   16 August 2017

Release deed for family property

I am residing at Chennai, Tamilnadu. My father and mother and gradfatther are no more. My grandfathers property 4 items are yet to be partitioned among the two sons. (Expired) and one daughter of my grandfather. We are the legal heirs of the elder son (No more) of my grand father. Now me and my sisters do not know which portion of each item of property will come to us. At this point it is requested to clarify the following: (1) Whether me and one of my sister can release our rights of our share to other sister before knowing the exact schedule of property and by mentioning as one third of the share of all the described properties. i.e.whether a release deed can be made for the rights with respect to the expected share from the family properties.

 8 Replies

rajuchowdappa   16 August 2017


U have get succession certificate from the District court for the ownership of the Schedule Properties among both of us.


So, apply for succession certifcate and take share on it by divide among you.


If you need any clarification on the above said, you can contact me to this number 9738465552.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 August 2017

Don't rush to sign any Release deed...........

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 August 2017

It is believed that you are all Hindu.



Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 August 2017

In case of HIndu male;ClassI legal heirs have 1st right i.e; Mother (if alive as on date of death), Wife (if alive as on date of death), sons, daughters, ................


The share of pre-deceased or deceased sons and daughters devolve upon their ClassI legal heirs....


Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 August 2017

Apparently it is simple matter of inheritance ‘Inestate Succession’. 


The process and procedure and forms might also be available on website of O/o Authority under whose property falls e.g; MC….Or it is certainly available in O/o Authority………… 


Generically speaking: The certified copy of death certificate(s), legal heir certificate(s) are basic requisites…………….to transfer ownership in the name of ClassI legal heirs...



Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 August 2017

Legal heir certificate  is issued  by O/o Tehsildar...........

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 August 2017

The share can be decided amicably and property can be partitioned amicably by partition deed.

Ashokkumar   17 August 2017

Thanks for ur support,

yes. Hindu family only. If not release deed, whether a partition deed can be made for properties to be acquired in future from the hereditary properties (without mentioning the exact share as it will take time to get partitioned from grandfathers property)

for example:

Schedule A:

1. All the share of the properties received from hereditary properties of grand father (Father of Father)

2. Properties self acquired by father and mother

Schedule B:

1.1All the share of the properties received from hereditary properties of grand father (Father of Mother)

Schedule C:

A lumpsum amount from the common family fund.

expecting ur favourable reply,




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query