Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushil Agarwal (Prop)     20 June 2022

Release deed

Sir my uncle and also on behalf of his minor sons siblings as mentioned in the release deed relinquished two properties to my father and his sons / siblings (Includes me as son) Do I get the Co ownership of these two properties by this release deed

Learning

4 Replies

KUNAL   20 June 2022

No. When your uncle released the assets in favor of your father, your dad becomes sole holder of those assets. He, in turn, may release those assets to you; either way you won't be a co-owner. When he dies, in absence of a Will, you will inherit those assets as his legal heir.

But remember that those minor siblings have every right to challenge the legality of the release Deed when they turn eighteen.

Sushil Agarwal (Prop)     20 June 2022

Sir, My uncle in release deed has mentioned " That from today these two properties belongs to you (My Father) and your sons (Me). Me (Uncle) and My sons (Uncle's Sons) will have no claims now onwords. "  Does it meen I am also a co owner. As the property is released to my father and my self. 

KUNAL   20 June 2022

Going by the deed language, I think that as against the uncle, he has relinquished his rights over property. So as co-owner of released assets, you have legal rights over released assets.

I do not know what you mean by "minor sons siblings" But as said before, assuming that the parents of the minor kids are dead & the uncle was appointed as their guardian, as the uncle has done this transaction on behalf of (a) his minor sons & (b) siblings of those minor sons without taking permission of court, he has violated Hindu Minority & Guardianship Act & hence the conveyance is void.
1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     20 June 2022

Hello,

Your uncle has release the two properties to your father and his 2 sons (including you). And agreement states that, " That from today these two properties belongs to you (My Father) and your sons (Me). Me (Uncle) and My sons (Uncle's Sons) will have no claims now onwords. " addressing your father.

So you are the co owner of the two properties. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query