LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mayank Arora   09 May 2021

related to sec 148

accor to 148 the person who is delievering the good is the bailor but lets take an example to my driver takes my phone to repaier shop so he acts as a bailor here? amd what if i went to repair shop and want the phone back as is the baille resposibilty to give back the good bailed to bailee only so can i get the phone bcak when i went to the repair shop instead of my driver??

Learning

8 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     10 May 2021

What is your issues?    vogue query

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     10 May 2021

Supposing a person who knows about the matter, goes to the repairman informs him that its him who sent the phone through the driver to him and takes delivery of the phone and goes off?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 May 2021

Vague and confusing facts.

It would be better to approach, consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts / documents, forming proper opinion, professional advise and necessary proceeding, if there is some truth in the story. 

Supposing a person who knows about the matter, goes to the repairman informs him that its him who sent the phone through the driver to him and takes delivery of the phone and goes off?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 May 2021

A Repair shop is not aware of the bailment laws.  They provide a bill with estimates, and whoever brings in and paying the actual amounts, after collecting such amount delivers the article with the actual bill.  Please do understand the complications of litigation with simile normal and general issues within common men as per general practice.

I am sure it is an academic question.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 May 2021

Yes, this is a riddle than a query.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 May 2021

The shop keeper would give a receipt acknowledging the item deposited with him for repair.

If the receipt in original is shown and produced before the shop keeper, he may as a routine handover the repaired item without any question until he suspects the person demanding the item for any suspicious reason.

The shopkeeper will not go into the details of law involved in this or the rules governing the situation because t not possible for the shopkeeper to follow all these thing very strictly in the practical situation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register