Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ankit (engineer)     15 September 2016

Reimbursement not made

Hi All,

I am working in an IT organization based in Noida. Beginning this year(2016) i received a mail from HR stating our new reimbursement policy where 250 rs per person was to be reimbursed for food, for those who were sitting after 8 pm , against proper bill from the restaurant. 

In the organisation there is a shift working policy also which states, it would give 300 rs along with cab facility for those who will be coming in evening shift i.e 3 pm to 12 midnight. We got it confirmed from HR that if a person is coming in shift will he be eligible for the food reimbursement policy on which we received a yes. After which everyone coming in shift from the team started raising both shift claim and food claim.

It went on well till May, but from June onward all the food claims got rejected by Finance team stating "As per shift policy there is no other claims to be submitted when a person is working in shift". All the claims submitted since June to July were rejected by Finance team.

On complaining with HR, they said that it cant be processed as in shift no body eligible for any other claim. I even said we got confirmation from you only for this that if we are taking shift claim we are eligible for food claim. in reply to this HR says this was a mistake from their side and they will correct the reimbursement policy and publish in coming days. They even warned that our previous reimbursements could also me made invalid and respective money deducted from salary.

Can anyone please suggest me how to get my money from the organisation. Finance team rejects and do not listen as it is not in the policy, HR team also rejects now. Please help me

Learning

3 Replies

This is not just 250 rs, its 250 for 2 months approx 40 working days. i.e. 10000 rs

Is there any legal way by which I can get it

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 September 2016

You have posted that;

"We got it confirmed from HR ....................................on which we received a yes'

Was it in writing, or minuted by you?

"I even said we got confirmation from you only for this that if we are taking shift claim we are eligible for food claim. in reply to this HR says this was a mistake from their side and they will correct the reimbursement policy and publish in coming days."

Till it is npublished with apology/regret for the error it remains in force.

Any amount approved can't be arbitrarily withdrawn.

Download proof of submission of claim and rejection by Finance.

There are many IT/ITeS employee's unions now.

If there is any decution it has to be shown in salary slip.

The mater can be jointly taken up with MD,appointing auhtority,grievance redressal committee,

Inspector appointed under Shops & Estbs Act

Payment of Wages Act

O/o Labor Commissioner

Higher Officials of Dept. of Labor

Prferably under expert guidance of a very able counsel specilaizing in labor/service matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register