LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     21 May 2010


Husband is Indian but wife is the resident of Nepal. Registering authority says that marriage can not be registered as wife is not indian citizen. Please guide me what step to be taken. Registering authority is asking to show the provision, that marriage with foreign national can be registered. It is not mentioned any where specifically. I think I should ask following question to registrar under RTI.-

1. Whether marriage with foreign national can be registered?

2- If not under which provision or rule?

Learned seniors please cite if there is any  clear provision.


 3 Replies

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     21 May 2010

There is provision under foreign marrigae registration act.


Lakshmi (Junior Officer)     11 June 2010

I had registered my marriage in 19-03-2007 in chennai. shall there is any welfare schemes for me and child? My husband and me also a indian and we are not same caste.Please suggest me in my mail id is

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register