Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajinder Dhiman   23 August 2023

Regarding sexsual harrasment

Respected all,
my sister's father in law doing s*xsual harrasment to her and her daughter, here is the problem that she has no proof of all this. now can she file a complaint against her father in law. she also told the incident to her husband but he refused to agree and he also fights with her. We all are helpless due to evidence. please give us suggestions that we get justice.


 9 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 August 2023

Oral testimony, by itself, constitutes evidence.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 August 2023

If the father in law's tortures are not tolerable and her husband is also ignoring her complaints against him, then she can walk into a local police station , lodge a criminal complaint.

There is no necessary to give evidence for such offences because he is trying to misbehave with her child also, the child can tell before the police about the incidences, which will be sufficient for the polcie to initiate proper  legal aciton against him.

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     24 August 2023

Besides approaching police for registration of a FIR against such FIL, you may approach concerned (area) Magistrate u/s 12 of Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 thoruhg a local prudent lawyer and seek necesssary prohibootory / protection order.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 August 2023

Your sister can submit her complaint on s*xual harassment to the Ministry of women & child development in your state through either online or making a call to the department officials/twitter/facebook messages etc. 

1 Like

Rajinder Dhiman   24 August 2023

thanks for all, now I want to know is there any time span in which complaint has to submitted from the incident occurred.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 August 2023

No doubt there's no time limit but you may lodge the complaint at the earliest possible 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 September 2023

Youcan move as advised above.           

Rajinder Dhiman   27 September 2023

respected all members, I submitted the complaint in ssp mohali, now they said that your complaint could not registered here because it's not there jurisdiction so submit it in that district where she get married and currently my sister is residing with us from 2 months. so I want to know that is that true or not? thanks in advance to all.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     27 September 2023

You may request SSP Mohali to direct SHO for registration of Zero FIR and transfer it to jurisdictional SHO / Mgistrate.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register