LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramana (Business)     15 December 2023

Regarding petition in high court- chennai

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are from village near Krishnagiri, Tamil nadu and in our village we have a person who has illegally acquired land over a period of time from various people and cheated them since they dont know the process.

Seeing this we are thinking to file a case in high court directly for court to intervene and enquire about his properties on how he gained and get into government possession if they find it legal.

Can we file some kind of petition directly in high court to enquire or interfere regarding this matter?


 3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     15 December 2023

You should file a police complaint first and simultaneously you can file for writ petition jointly seeking investigation through vigilance  department

Sanskriti Tiwari   17 December 2023

A petition under Article 226 of the Constitution is filed in the cases concerning violation of fundamental rights or where there's an issue involving public interest. To address the situation you've described, a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) could be filed. It allows individuals or organizations to raise concerns on behalf of the public.

Regarding illegal land acquisition and cheating, the High Court can intervene, if it is found that there has been violation of fundamental rights or affects the public at large. The court may direct an inquiry, order the government to take possession of the illegally acquired land, or take necessary steps to aid the situation. However, it's crucial to have substantial evidence to support your claims while filing a PIL.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     17 December 2023

It is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register