Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vipul Aagrwal (QA)     11 May 2010

Regarding performance bonus

Sir,

I was working in a organization more than 3.5 Years. and after every end of financial year, company was  giving  20% bons on CTC. I got bonus twice there . But when i left company on 31st March 2010 . Then company does not give me bonus from 1st aprl -2009 to 31st march 2010.They gave bonus to other employee of company who r working .Is there any action i can take regarding my bonus against company.

Learning

2 Replies

Tapan Amoria (Manager H.R.)     11 May 2010

Payment of Performance bonus is purely Management’s discretion and can not be claimed as a matter of right. Although theoretically the eligibility conditions for the payment of bonus can be called in question by court of law but practically it is difficult for you to establish that you are eligible for the performance bonus.   

Naveen Sharma (Manager)     14 July 2010

Originally posted by :Tapan Amoria
"
Payment of Performance bonus is purely Management’s discretion and can not be claimed as a matter of right. Although theoretically the eligibility conditions for the payment of bonus can be called in question by court of law but practically it is difficult for you to establish that you are eligible for the performance bonus.   
"

You are right payment of performance bonus is purely management's discretion, if it is either mentioned in appoitment letter or policy document. If it is not clearly explained to employee and fact are hidden by the employer, then employee has every right to go to the court of law. Though it is bit difficult to proove before court but not impossible. Because most of the employees do not have time to spend on these activities, which leads to continuance of such practices by HR.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register